New Opportunities: December 17, 2021
Stay up to date with the latest employment, funding, program and scholarship opportunities for Black, Indigenous and People Of Colour members of the community. Share these opportunities with family, friends and colleagues.
- Tribe Network is currently filling three positions!
1) We are looking for a full-time, creative, culturally aware leader to join our early-stage organization as Marketing & Communications Lead. Apply here by January 27th, 2022.
2) We are seeking a full-time Startup Services Lead who is motivated to build systems from the ground up that will benefit Black, Indigenous and People of Colour pursuing entrepreneurship & innovation. Apply here by January 27th, 2022.
3) We are seeking a part-time IDEA Program Coordinator to oversee the implementation of an inaugural initiative that is creating more opportunities for Black, Indigenous and People of Colour (BIPOC) in Atlantic Canada to pursue entrepreneurship and innovation, policy, advocacy and research. Apply here by January 3rd, 2022!
- The Tribe IDEA Fellowship presented by Emera is accepting applications for the 2022 cohort kicking off in January! This is for anyone who is interested in pursuing a community project related to entrepreneurship & innovation, policy, research and advocacy in Nova Scotia. You don’t have to have professional training, a degree or any specific credentials to apply. Applications are being accepted by until December 30th!
- Placemaking4G is recruiting several Regional Managers of Entrepreneurship on behalf of Groupe 3737 to deliver the Black Entrepreneurship Program’s National Ecosystem Fund. These roles are available across Canada and applications are being accepted on an ongoing basis here.
- The Emera Diversity, Inclusion & Equity Fund is a collaborative effort across Emera and its operating companies and is directly supporting programs and initiatives that advance and promote diversity, help to remove barriers and support education and awareness. You can learn more and submit an application for funding here.
- The Mi’kmaw Native Friendship Centre is seeking two Neighbourhood Project Designers. One of these is a designated position for individuals who self-identify as African Nova Scotian or Nova Scotian of African ancestry. They are particularly interested in recruiting people with connections to Halifax’s North End. Learn more and Apply by January 16th, 2022.
- The Canadian Institute for Climate Choices is inviting interested Indigenous independent researchers, Knowledge Holders, PhD and postdoctoral researchers, and consultants to apply to create case studies. Successful recipients will receive a stipend of $15,000 to complete their research. Learn more and apply here by January 5th, 2022.
- Dalhousie Faculty of Computer Science has two entrance scholarships available:
1) WeAreAllCS Indigenous Student Entrance Scholarship
2) WeAreAllCS African Nova Scotian and African Descent Student Entrance Scholarship
- EduNova Cooperative is seeking mentors who are willing to share their professional knowledge, experience, and skills to help an international student build their future in Nova Scotia. Interested individuals can apply to become a mentor for EduNova’s Study and Stay™ – Nova Scotia Program today!
- J-School Noire is offering a free, two-day workshop during Black History Month in Halifax, Ottawa, Toronto and Edmonton, featuring some of Canada’s best-known media personalities. It’s a chance for Black high school and junior high-school students to learn from top media pros and build their storytelling skills. Learn more and apply here.
- The Black Canadian Chamber of Commerce is seeking several Regional Business Development Managers. Learn more here.