New Year, New Opportunities!
Stay up to date with the latest employment, funding, program and scholarship opportunities for Black, Indigenous and People Of Colour members of the community. Share these opportunities with family, friends and colleagues.
- Tribe Network is currently filling 3 positions!
1) We are looking for a full-time, creative, culturally aware leader to join our early-stage organization as Marketing & Communications Lead. Apply here by January 14th, 2022!
2) We are seeking a full-time Startup Services Lead who is motivated to build systems from the ground up that will benefit Black, Indigenous and People of Colour pursuing entrepreneurship & innovation. Apply here by January 14th, 2022.
3) We are seeking a part-time IDEA Program Coordinator to oversee the implementation of an inaugural initiative that is creating more opportunities for Black, Indigenous and People of Colour (BIPOC) in Atlantic Canada to pursue entrepreneurship and innovation, policy, advocacy and research. Apply here by January 14th, 2022!
- The Tribe IDEA Fellowship presented by Emera is accepting applications for the 2022 cohort kicking off in January! This is for anyone who is interested in pursuing a community project related to entrepreneurship & innovation, policy, research and advocacy in Nova Scotia. You don’t have to have professional training, a degree or any specific credentials to apply. Applications are being accepted until January 14th.
- Planning to hire a post-secondary summer student in Nova Scotia? Get funding to subsidize their wage! Multiple funding streams are open to help:
1) The Co-op Education Incentive provides wage assistance to organizations that offer career-related work experiences for university and college co-operative students. Apply by January 15 for the Summer 2022 term.
2) The Student Summer Skill Incentive helps registered charities and societies offer summer jobs to post-secondary students. Apply by January 31st here for the Summer 2022 term.
3) The Clean Leadership Summer Internship Program is now accepting applications for host employers for the Summer 2022 internship season. Interested employers can apply here by January 18th, 2022.
4) Check out multiple partners of the federal Student Work Placement Program who all offer up to $7,000 of a student’s wage. See the full list of program partners here to get started, including ICTC and Venture for Canada.
- Placemaking4G is seeking a skilled Clinical Therapist to join the passionate team at Phoenix Youth Programs – that embodies anti-oppressive practices to serve at-risk youth and their families across HRM. Applications will be accepted until January 24 here.
- Dalhousie Faculty of Computer Science has two entrance scholarships available:
1) WeAreAllCS Indigenous Student Entrance Scholarship
2) WeAreAllCS African Nova Scotian and African Descent Student Entrance Scholarship
- The Black Wellness Co-operative is seeking a Financial Administrator to support the leadership team and general operations. Applications will be accepted until January 21st apply here!
- The Pringle Wilson Indigenous, Black, Communities of Colour Grant is open and will provide funding to support mental health initiatives by groups and individuals of BIPOC communities to create and foster awareness for mental health supports. Learn more and apply here by January 24th!
- The Emera Diversity, Inclusion & Equity Fund is a collaborative effort across Emera and its operating companies and is directly supporting programs and initiatives that advance and promote diversity, help to remove barriers and support education and awareness. You can learn more and submit an application for funding here.
- Black Girls Gather is accepting applications for their Entrepreneurship Pathway. This year’s theme “Launch It and Grow It!” aims to provide participants the tools, resources and networks they need to turn hide hustles into successful start-ups and small businesses the tools they need to attain sustainable , debt-free growth. Learn more and apply here.
- The Canadian Race Relation Foundation has launched it’s Anti-Racism Fund to support organizations who combat racism, promote events and education, and are building a more anti-racist society. Applications are being accepted until January 28th.