Stay up to date with the latest employment, funding, program and scholarship opportunities for Black, Indigenous and People Of Colour members of the community. Share these opportunities with family, friends and colleagues.
- Applications will remain open for Brilliant Creators, a new program created in partnership between Tribe Network and Brilliant Labs. Brilliant Creators will help BIPOC youth (ages 15-18) in Nova Scotia develop future skills in computer science and technology, leadership, and sustainable development. Learn more and apply here! Successful program participants may also apply recieve a $3,000 renewable scholarship to Saint Mary’s University.
- RBC has two scholarships available; The RBC Future Launch Scholarship for young Canadians (ages 15-29) looking to learn new skills for the modern workforce and another for The RBC Future Launch Scholarship for Black Youth
- The Supporting Black Canadian Communities grant opens October 13th for Black-led grassroots and non-profit organizations. Find out if you’re eligible here!
- The PREP Academy is hiring Student Success Coach! Join their team to help African Nova Scotian students plan, prepare and pursue college and university. Applications will be accepted until midnight on October 15, 2021. Apply here.
- The Black Wellness Co-operative of NS is accepting applications from IBPOC individuals for a contractual Administrative position at approximately 10hrs/wk at $25/hr starting late October 2021. Apply here.
- The Government of Nova Scotia has several designated positions available including a Community Navigator (Program Admin Officer 3), applications due October 15th: and a Director of African Canadian Services, applications due October 11th.
- The Canadian Race Relations Foundation is seeking a Regional Coordinator (Atlantic), to develop and strengthen a regional CRRF presence that furthers the CRRF’s goals in the fight against racism across Canada. Apply here by October 8th.
- The Black History Learning Journey: Series 2, recently launched with the Community Sector Council of Nova Scotia and will take place virtually Tuesdays from 1 – 3 PM. Register here.